- Igor Stravinsky, Pulcinella Suite // Incredibly creative and witty music.
- Robert Schumann, Kinderscenen ‘Scenes from Childhood’, op. 15 // A set of 13 small-scale pieces for piano, each depicting a different scene or memory from childhood in music (to what extent, you decide).
- Henry Purcell, When I am laid in earth (Dido’s Lament) from Dido and Aeneas (libretto by Nahum Tate) // Very well known, especially because of its use of a structure centred around a ground bass, and a great aria.
- Artie Shaw, Concerto for Clarinet, parts 1 and 2
- We Are Scientists, Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt